What you can learn from the HANNAH NEWS INDIANA newsletters this week
What you can learn from INDIANA LEGISLATIVE INSIGHT (01/28/19):
● Sen. Young to play offense and defense
● Prisons on pace to reach capacity next year
● Criminal justice reform reversal?
● LG hopes to counteract defense decline
● Online shopping displaced as top employment growth sector
What you can learn from INDIANA GAMING INSIGHT (01/28/19):
● VGT legalization: 5,000 machines in 800 sites by 2021?
● Statewide casino revenues grew in 2018 despite stacked odds
● What to make of the DOJ’s unusual Wire Act opinion
● Gary license bill contemplates hold harmless for other locales
● Let the good times roll in French Lick
● Terre Haute goes all in, while Steuben County consensus remains elusive
What you can learn from INDIANA EDUCATION INSIGHT (01/21/19):
● Governor-backed bill expands police presence in schools
● Indiana Hospital Association to fund tourniquets for every public school
● School construction referendum thresholds under revision
● Bill requires all schools to contract with a mental health care provider
● State Board of Education cedes authority over career-technical education
● Free college (certificate) program to expand to four-year schools?